The eight-step program to enjoying wine
1. The best wine is wine that you like. If you don’t like it, don’t drink it. Or, as the legendary Josh Wesson says, “Would you eat chocolate ice cream just because I told you to, even though you like vanilla better?”
2. Don’t be afraid to try something different.
3. Price is not always an indication of quality. Inexpensive wine can be well-made, just like expensive wine.
4. Wine is supposed to be fun.
5. Wine snobs are not fun.
6. Wine speak is for wine snobs.
7. Wine is not rocket science. Anyone can learn about wine, as long as they’re willing to drink it.
8. Wine and food pairings, no matter how good, are just suggestions. The wine police will not come and arrest you if you drink white wine with beef or red wine with chicken. In fact, red wine and roast chicken are good together.